Work Informatics Usability Laboratory provides unique services to companies. Services, that aim to increase both our long-term understanding of use of ICT at work as well short-term needs to solve practical on-site problems. The theoretical basis is Work Informatics.
WIUX lab has been busy lately with usability research studies.
Latest projects include:
- Heuristic evaluation and usability testing of mobile application for home care personnel with Logica (www.logica.com)
- Usability testing of social multiplayer online game Gunshine with Supercell (www.supercell.net)
- Usability testing of next generation digital television solution with Salovision (www.salovision.fi)
- Usability evaluation of electronic patient record system for recording health information to National Archive with Logica (www.logica.com) (forthcoming)
- User experience study of accessibility solutions in portable devices
- Research of semiotics of interface signs in web-based applications integrated to usability testing process
- Research of paper prototypes usage in usability testing for IT development purposes
- … and many more Master’s usability projects with local organizations ranging from tablet-based games and organizational virtual desktop systems to collaborative education (ville.cs.utu.fi) and music development tools (www.geishamusic.com).
Please, see WIUX Brochure for further information.